Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Impending QCon

I'm speaking at QCon next week in San Francisco. Martin Fowler and I are pairing on an all day tutorial on Building Domain Specific Languages, a topic that he and I have much much interest. The tutorial takes an interesting format. The first part of the day will be a normal lecture/Q&A kind of affair. However, at some point in the afternoon, we're going to switch into workshop mode and actually build some DSLs based on suggestions from the audience. I think this is a great way to get people to not only understand what DSL's look like but get a bit dirty in designing some from scratch, working through the inevitable headaches that come up.

The other talk I'm giving is a "regular" presentation on Thursday about (you guessed it) Building DSLs. Looking forward to it.

No comments: