Monday, July 02, 2007

PragMactic-OSXer

New Mac OS X users are like recently reformed smokers: they can't stand to see it when someone indulges in their old vice (in this case, Windows). I made the total plunge about 1 1/2 years ago, and more and more of my friends are doing it too. People who attend No Fluff, Just Stuff often note that most of the speakers are using Macs: the answer I frequently give is "because we can". It is crystal clear to me that I am simply more productive on the combination of Mac hardware and Mac OS X. I'm paid for how much I can produce in a given amount of time, so it makes sense for me (even if I have to buy it myself) to pick the sharpest tool I can find.

However, just picking up a Mac won't instantly make you more productive. In fact, if you just scratch the surface, you have no idea that Mac OS X is a deep ocean. There is always a learning curve when you switch something as important as an operating system. To that end, several of the No Fluff, Just Stuff speakers and myself have started a blog devoted to making the best use of the Mac. It is called "PragMactic-OSXer". If you are switching, or are just curious to see how the other half lives, come over for a visit (or attach your blog reader to it.)

No comments: